The Center for Policy Analysis (CPA) think tank, was established in December 2014 to help the countries of Horn of Africa region to build peace, democracy, human rights and effective governance systems where all citizens are equal. CPA which is the first think tank in Somaliland is working for the advancement of social, political and economic analysis as a fundamental approach to the understanding and explanation of social phenomena and as a necessary prerequisite for the decision-making processes through research, debates, conferences, dialogues, workshops, and trainings.
The Center is researching in depth an issue of public concern, it can be an issue of ongoing political debate or an issue that has not yet gained the attention of policymakers. The Center is providing alternative policy options to policymakers and other stakeholders through quality research and balanced assessment of options that policy makers could pursue to resolve the problem.
CPA is encouraging regional democracy, peace, human rights, and stability through international relations and to be a leading voice in the political discourse, constantly engaged in dialogues on increasingly more complex issues.
CPA envisions helping the countries in the region of horn of Africa to achieve peace, democratic, human rights and good governance system.
To become the leading regional think tank achieving and transforming the challenges in the horn through dialogue, research and policy analysis to promote peace, democracy, human rights and good governance system.
- To become a center that is capable of providing valuable and deep policy analysis to the countries of the region, nongovernmental entities and all stakeholders who are interested in the region;
- To contribute to the knowledge production and to provide space for academic researching;
- To provide advisory services to governments, public bodies, and other institutions;
- To strengthen the culture of dialogues, debates and discussions;
- Transforming Ideas and emerging problems into policy issues
- Providing a constructive forum for the exchange of ideas and information between key stakeholders in the policy formulation process;
- To provide space for the Horn of African intellectuals to cooperate and collaborate for the development and sustainable peace of the region;
- To become knowledge hub in the Horn of Africa;
- To promote peace, good governance, rule of law and human rights in the region.
- Advocacy on law reviews.
- Promoting equal citizens political participation through election monitoring, election laws review, dialogues, debates, and research.
Our Core Values
Teamwork, integrity, sense of purpose, strength of character, commitment, professionalism, transparency, accountability and neutrality to its stake holders.
Governance Structure and Management
- Board of Directors
- Advisory Council
- Executive Director
- Management Team and Offices Coordinators.