165 habeen ayaa ka hadhay xilliga loo asteeyey inay doorashooyinka golaha wakiillada iyo dawladaha hoose ka qabsoomaan Somaliland taas oo ku began maalin Arbaca ah, bisha March 27, 2019, hase ahaatee waxaa jira caqabado waaweyn oo weli horyaalla inay doorasho qabsoonto, taas oo faham ahaan muujinaysa inaanay suurogal ahayn in wakhtiga kooban lagaga gaadhsiiyo hawlaha doorashada ee yaalla, maadaama aan illaa haatan heshiis lagu ahayn habka doorashada loo gelayo ama aanu jirin qorshe doorasho oo ay heshiis ku yihiin dhinacyada ku lug leh hawlaha doorashooyinka Somaliland.
Warbixinta oo Dhamaystiran halkan ka Akhriso: WARBIXINTA HAWLAHA DOORASHADA
Caqabadaha ugu waaweyn ee doorashada horyaalla waxaa ka mida kuwo siyaasadeed oo ay ugu horrayso
- In guddida doorashadu helo kalsoonida saddexda Xisbi, si uu u qabto hawlaha doorashada, waxaana hawsha guddida doorashada aan ku qanacsanayn xisbiga Waddani oo qoraal tabasho ah u diray madaxweynaha dalka si uu u kala diro guddida doorashada, hase ahaatee madaxweynuhu wuxuu muujiyey inaanu ku raacsanayn xisbiga Waddani eedaha ay ka gudbiyeen guddida doorashada.
- In la ansixiyo Xeerkii Doorashada lagu geli lahaa oo horyaalla golaha wakiillada muddo kor u dhaafaysa 3 bilood, illaa haatanna golaha wakiilladu kama doodin xeerka doorashada, waxaana xildhibaannada golaha wakiilladu ay ku doodayaan inay xeerka ku jiraan qodobo siyaasi ah oo goluhu ku kala aragti duwan yahay, ayna tahay in marka hore xisbiyada, gobollada ka cabanaya saami qaybsiga kuraasta baarlamaanka iyo xukuumaddu ay ka soo gaadhaan heshiis siyaasadeed, gaar ahaan arrinta saami qaybsiga kuraasta. Qodobkan oo leh culayskiisa siyaasadeed ayaa ka mid ah caqabadaha ugu waaweyn ee hortaagan doorashada golaha wakiillada Somaliland.
- Ka go’aan gaadhista qoondada haweenka oo ku dhex jirta Xeerka doorashada ee loo gudbiyey golaha baarlamaanka, taas oo u baahan awood siyaasadeed oo taageerta haddii la rabo in la hirgeliyo.
- Waxaa iyana caqabad siyaasadeed ah, in wax laga qabto xiisadaha dhinaca nabadgelyada ee ka jira gobollada bariga, kuwaas oo culays amni iyo mid siyaasadeedba ku ah doorashada, haddii aan xal laga gaadhin xiisadda Tukaraq, arrinta ka jirta gobolka Sanaag ee jabhadaha is-hubeeyey iyo xanafta ka dhalatay doorashadii dalka ka dhacday oo weli meelaha qaar ka sii muuqata, waxay culays amni iyo mid siyaasadeed ku keenaysaa hawlaha doorashada ee gobollada bariga.
- Xiise weyn oo la xidhiidha doorashooyinka Somaliland ee soo socda oo aanay muujinayn wadamada Somaliland ka taageera hawlaha doorashada, taas oo lafteedu saamayn ku leh dardargelinta diyaargarowga hawlaha doorashada, waxaadna moodda in wadamada qaarkood ay haatan dedaalladoodii hawlaha doorashooyinka u leexiyeen dhinaca Somalia, gaar ahaan diyaargarowga doorashooyinka soo socda.
Sidoo kale waxaa jira hawlo farsamo oo ka horreeya doorashada oo ay tahay in la qabto, sida diiwaangelinta codbixiyayaashii aan hore isu diiwaangelin ama muwaadiniinta qaangaadhay intii ka dambaysay doorashadii hore, arrintan oo u baahan qorshe doorasho oo heshiis lagu yahay, iyo wakhti iyo dhaqaaleba.
Warbixinta oo Dhamaystiran halkan ka Akhriso: WARBIXINTA HAWLAHA DOORASHADA
165 days are remaining from the date assigned for the elections of House of Representatives and Local Councils in Somaliland – The Election Day is scheduled on March 27, 2019. But, there are enormous hinders on the occurrence of the elections. These emerging issues can affect the election plan and preparation, if not come up a quick plan to solve the challenges, it is very difficult to hold the election on time because of the short period and the tasks which are needed to be done before the election date. Also the stakeholders are not on the same side how election will happen and still there is no common agreed plan and roadmap about the upcoming elections between the political parties.
Please the Full Report Here: ELECTION MONITORING REPORT
Challenges to hold the election of parliament and local council elections on time.
Following are the most vital challenges on the upcoming Parliament and Local Council elections:
- The Assurance of the Three political Parties: in order to hold free and fair election, the election stakeholders must agree the roadmap and preparation process of the election and also the Election Commission must have the confidence of the stakeholders. WADDANI Opposition party is not happy about the work of the National Electoral Commission (NEC) and they sent a complaint letter to the president of Somaliland Muse Bihi Abdi, which they demanded the termination of the Election Commission, but the president exposed that he is not agreed the accusation from Waddani party to the Election Commission. Still that problem exists, without solving this matter, can affect the election preparation process.
- Election Bill: The Bill has been in the Parliament more than three months and still the house didn’t debate it. MPs pointed out that there are some political concerns in the bill which MPs in the parliament have opposing views, like the seat allocation of the parliament. They believe that they can’t debate the seat allocation formula of the Parliament in the bill, without political agreement among the Political Parties, the Government and the Regions who are complaining about the current seat allocation of the parliament. Somaliland has 6 regions, every region has its own seat allocation of the 82 MPs in the parliament,
- Sanaag Region has 12 MPs,
- Sool has 12 MPs,
- Togdheer has 15 MPs
- Sahil has 10 MPs
- Marodi-jeh (Hargeisa) 20 MPs
- Awdal has 13 MPs
For Example Awdal and Eastern Regions are complaining about the current seat allocation formula and the representation of the parliament which they believe it is unfair. They are lobbying to redistribute the seat allocation to have more seats in the lower house of the Parliament. This issue has its own political weight in the election of House of Representatives.
- women’s quota: in the electoral bill, this needs a political pressure to support the adoption of the quota.
- Security Tensions in Eastern Regions: The other political challenges which can be an obstacle to the upcoming election, is the security tensions in eastern regions of Somaliland which has its security and political weight on the upcoming elections. If not solved the security tension of Tukaraq, the armed insurgent movement in Sanaag region and as well as the other post-election grievances resulted by the presidential election, these issues can have a political and security impact and pressure to the upcoming election, particularly in eastern regions, where government will need more security forces during the election preparation and the election day, but now the security forces are busy to those tensions in eastern regions.
- International Election Stakeholders: International Election Stakeholders are not giving main concentration and attention to Somaliland upcoming elections unlike the previous elections. This will also have an effect on the current preparation process of the upcoming election. Most of the donors gave their main effort and attention to Somalia’s upcoming election. UK’s State Minister of Africa Harriett Baldwin and Denmark’s Ambassador to Somalia Amb. Mette Knudsen met the president of Somaliland and discussed Election Related issues. It is very important to Somaliland Election Process to have the attention of the International Community.
There are also technical issues which is needed to be done before the election date. For Instance, updating the voter registration, like registering the voters who missed the earlier registration, citizens who reached the voting age after the earlier voter registration etc; all these issues need a concrete plan, political agreement, time and financial input.
Please the Full Report Here: ELECTION MONITORING REPORT
Bisha March 27, 2019 waa maalinta loo cayimay ama loo asteeyey inay Somaliland ka qabsoomaan doorashooyinka golaha deegaanka iyo Golaha Wakiilada oo isa-saaran. Muddadaas waxaa haatan ka dhiman wakhti ku siman lix bilood, hase ahaatee waxaa yaalla hawlo faro badan oo ay ahayd in xilli hore la sii qabto. Wakhtiga haatan hadhay ayaa cidhiidhi aad u weyn gelinaya in la qabto doorashooyinka Golaha Wakiilada iyo deegaanka.
Halkan ka Akhriso Warbixinta oo Dhamaystiran: CPA MONITORING REPORT 2018
Ka sokow wakhtiga kooban ee haatan hadhay doorashada, waxa sidoo kale jira oo caqabad ku ah in doorashooyinku xilligoodii ku dhacaan, qodobo aad u badan oo haddii aan xal iyo go’aano laga gaadhin, inta sannadkan ka hadhay, ay keeni karayso in doorashooyinku ay markale dib u dhacaan wakhti kale. Qodobadaas waxaa ka mida:
- Xeerka Doorashada oo muddo laba bilood ah horyaalla golaha wakiillada iyada oo haatan golaha wakiilladu ay galeen fasaxoodii caadiga ahaa, illaa haatan golaha wakiilladu kama doodin xeerka, waxaana xeerka ku jira oo caqabad ku ah in degdeg loo ansixiyo
- Saami-qaybsiga kuraasta baarlamaanka ee gobollada oo si weyn loogu kala aragti duwan yahay
- Qoondada haweenka laga siinayo kuraasta baarlamaanka oo xeerka ku jirta.
- Iyada oo aan weli isfaham laga gaadhin, tabashada Xisbiga Waddani uu ka muujiyey Guddida Doorashada ee Somaliland.
- Xiisadda ka taagan gobollada bariga Somaliland oo culays amni ku keeni karta doorashooyinka dalka
- Kaabistii diiwaangelinta codbixiyayaasha oo illaa haatan waxba laga qaban.
Waxa muuqata in cidda iyo dhinacyada ay masuuliyadda qabashada doorashadu saaran tahay aanay ku hawlanayn falal iyo shaqooyin keeni kara in doorashooyinka raagay ay waqtiga loo cayimay ku dhacaan. waxaase jira ururada bulshada rayidka ah oo iyagu bilaabay dhaqdhaqaaqyo ay kula kulmayaan dhinacyada arrimaha doorashadu khusayso iyaga oo kala hadlaya hawlaha doorashada.
Haddaba Xafiiska la socodka hawlaha doorashada (Election Monitoring Office) ee Xarunta Daraasaadka Siyaasaddu wuxuu wakhti geliyey inuu fahmo oo daraaseeyo duruufaha ku xeeran hawlaha doorasha, haddii la doonayo inay ku qabsoomaan xilligii loogu talo galay. Waxaase xafiiska u soo baxday inay caqabado aad u waaweyni ka horreeyaan in dhinacyada ay khuseeyaan hawlaha doorashadu inay ku xalliyaan caqabadaha jira, ka hor inta aan sannadku dhammaanin.
Guud ahaan Somaliland waxay qabatay 6 doorasho oo isugu jira, saddex doorasho madaxweyne, laba doorasho gole deegaan, iyo hal doorasho baarlaman. Sidoo kale waxaa Somaliland ay qabatay hal afti dastuur iyo afar-jeer oo kale oo ay qabatay diiwaangelin codbixiyo, kaadh bedel iyo kaadh qaybin.
Aftida Dastuurka, Diiwaangelinta, Kaadh-qaybinta iyo Doorashooyinka ay Somaliland qabato, dhammaantood waxay u baahan yihiin in la wada gaadho goobaha codbixinta ee ku yaalla 23 degmo doorasho, waxayna wataan culays amni, mid dhaqaale iyo mid siyaasadeedba.
Waxaa xusid mudan in doorasho kasta oo Somaliland ay qabanaysay, badankoodu ay ahaayeen kuwo aan la qaban xilligii loogu talo galay, dhinaca kalena waxaa soo baxaysa celcelis ahaan in 16-kii sano ee ugu dambeeyey inay Somaliland qabanaysay 18-kii biloodba hal mar, doorasho ama hawl doorashada la xidhiidha sida diiwaangelinta codbixiyaha oo kale.
Doorasho kasta oo ay Somaliland gasho, waxay reebaan dhibaatooyin ka dhasha, oo kala qaybiya bulshada, sida arrimo la xidhiidha amniga, kala qaybsanaanta bulshada, kala qaybsanaan siyaasadeed iwm. Taas oo ah duruuf adag oo hortimaadda madaxweyne kasta oo la doorto, ama marka Somaliland laga qabto doorasho kale.
- CPA waxay ugu baaqaysaa Madaxweynaha Qaranka, saddexda Xisbi ee dalka, Guddida Doorashada, Golaha Wakiillada iyo cid kasta oo kale oo ay khuseeyaan arrimaha doorashadu inay doorkooda ka qaataan xallinta hawlaha caqabadaha doorashada horyaalla, isla markaana in dhinacyadu ay la yimaadaan is-faham iyo qorshe hawleed farsamo oo loo dhan yahay oo caddayn karaya sida farsamo ahaan loo qaban karo doorashooyinka la filayo.
- Waxaanu ugu baaqaynaa Madaxweynaha inuu hoggaamiyo talo qaran oo go’aan lagaga gaadhayo arrinta saami qaybsiga kuraasta baarlamaanka, taas oo muhiim u ah in la ansixiyo xeerka doorashada, xilli kasta oo dib u dhac ku yimaaddo ansixinta xeerkaasina waa caqabad hor leh oo dib u riixaysa xilliga doorashada.
- Waxaan ku baaqaynaa in la dedejiyo ansixinta Xeerka Doorashada oo ay ku jirto qoondada haweenka, iyo beelaha la haybsooco, si loo bilaabo hawlaha diyaargarowga doorashada.
- Waxaan ugu baaqaynaa Xukuumadda iyo Beesha Caalamka inay la yimaaddaan qorshe ay ku bixinayaan lacagaha doorashada iyo kaabista diiwaangelinta codbixiyayaasha, si loo galo hawsha diyaargarowga doorashada.
- Waxaan markale ku baaqaynaa in la xalliyo arrimaha Komishanka Doorashada iyo Xisbiga Waddani, si loo bilaabo hawlaha diyaar-garawga doorashada. Xilli kasta oo xallinta arrintani ay dib u dhacdo, waxay saamayn ku yeelanaysaa wakhtigii la filayey in doorashadu ay qabsoonto.
- Waxaan ku baaqaynaa in la xalliyo xiisadaha dhinaca ammaanka ee ka jira bariga Somaliland, sida Jabhadda hubaysan, iyo arrinta Tukaraq haddii xal loo heli karo, kuwaas oo culays dhaqaale iyo mid amniba ku yeelan kara doorashooyinka Somaliland.
Ku Saabsan CPA
Xarunta CPA waxaa loo aasaasay inay dalalka Geeska Afrika ka caawiso dib u dhiska, nabadaynta, dimoqraadiyadda, iyo Xuquuqda Aadanaha. Xarunta CPA waa magaalada Hargeisa ee Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland.
Address: Red Sea village, I/K district, Hargeisa, Somaliland.
On 28th of August 2018, the President of Somaliland H.E. Muuse Bihi Abdi, officially announced the signing of the Rape and Sexual Offences Bill into Act, after the House of Representatives approved the bill on July 29th, 2018. The signing of this Rape and Sexual Offences Act by the president is a historic occasion to the Somaliland people and other stakeholders who took part the process of this bill into an official act. The development of this act was initiated by Somaliland House of Representatives in 2011 as a result of continues constituent consultations, meetings ,field hearings and regional visits facilitated by International Republican Institute (IRI), where the House of Representatives (HoR) recognized urgent need of an act to tackle the rape issues raised by their constituents. During and after that period, Somaliland civil society organizations as Nagaad Umbrella the Focal point were technically supporting this bill with the HoR.
PLEASE READ HERE THE FULL PRESS RELEASE: Press Statement The Rape and Sexual Offence
06 January 2018, the House of Representatives approved the first draft of the Rape and Sexual Offence Bill, then submitted to the upper House of Guurti as their parliamentary bill procedure in accordance with the Somaliland constitution.
All the civil society organizations were animated by the first victory that has been achieved in this bill after the approval of HoR. Most also acknowledged that the House of Representatives approved the first Bill in Somaliland Tackling the Rape and sexual offences issues. But CPA was gradually cautious about the status of the Rape and Sexual Offence Bill, Particularly about the role the House of Guurti will play since there were some civil society allegations and actions blaming this bill as irreligious, while requests were also sending to Guurti to discard the whole bill.
Unfortunately 08 April 2018, House of Guurti have passed amendments with 15 articles of the bill, most of the Guurti amendments affected a number of articles, including those relating to the proceeding of the cases, lowering the punishments of those who found guilty, the procedure of filing a complaint and those related to a substantive provisions, and limiting 48 hours, the timeframe that victims can report a rape or other sexual offences cases, while the original draft that House of Representatives approved have no limited time to report any rape-related cases and has punishments up to 30 years to the rape and sexual offenders.
Once Guurti made those amendments which touched some of the core articles of the Bill, Center for Policy Analysis (CPA) recognized that the civil society organizations who was previously involved in technically helping this bill with Somaliland House of Representatives (HoR) didn’t aware of the negative impact of those amendments made by Guurti, except Mr. Gulied Ahmed a lawyer and chairman of Human Right Center (HRC) who sent the alert of the impact of some amended articles to the community.
CPA made a complete legal analysis on the amendments made by Guurti and recognized that those amendments changed the spirit and concept of the bill. CPA also predicted that those amended articles will legally give favor for Rape and sexual offenders if the House of Representatives (HoR) accept Guurti’s amendments.
CPA also acknowledged the need of informing Somaliland Civil Society on the impact of the amended articles, as well as the need to set up an advocacy plan against those amendments to persuade the House of Representatives (HoR) to reject Guurti’s amendments and approve the Bill in their original format.
On 25th July 2018, CPA organized a workshop were 35 Civil Society Organizations attended. CPA presented the legal gaps of the amendments made by Guurti to the participants, and finally, the civil society attendees selected a task force to lead the advocacy against the amendments made by Guurti. This task force was included in most of the civil society networks and independent experts.
In their first Advocacy activity, Somaliland Civil Society Organizations including the Executive Director of Somaliland Non-State Actors Forum (SONSAF) lead by the Task Force and with the guidance and help of CPA met with the Speaker of House of Representatives, some of house subcommittee’s chairs and member of Parliaments. Those MP’s were explained on how Guurti’s amendments are against the concept and spirit of the bill, they were shared with a summary of the legal Analysis on the Guurti’s amendments prepared by CPA and requested them to approve the bill as its original format. The Civil society organizations lead by the task force with the help of CPA held also dozens of different meetings, and consultations to the MP’s, to inform them about the unacceptable changes made to those core articles of the bill. Political party women’s wings were also informed to those amendments, who as part of advocacy sent their call of HoR to reject those amendments.
Luckily, on 29th July 2018, the House of Representatives rejected the Guurti’s amendments and approved the bill as its original format.
Meanwhile, Somaliland Civil Society Organizations with the support of CPA sent an appeal to the president to the sign the Rape and Sexual offence Bill into law. The president of Somaliland H.E. Muse Bihi Abdi was keen on approving this Bill. In his last Constitutional speech with the Houses of Parliament, he sent his request to the parliament to approve the Rape and Sexual Offence Bill. Finally, the president signed the Rape and Sexual Offence Bill into Law.
CPA impressed with the Task Force Lead by Mss. Ayan Ahmed Hashi for the work they have put in over the last month on the advocacy against the amendment made by Guurti. The task force put together a well-coordinated plan during the advocacy.
CPA, on behalf of the Taskforce is also appreciating the president on his signature of the Rape and Sexual Offence Bill into Law, the House of Representatives who initiated the draft of this bill, and Civil Society Organizations who helped technically the House of Representatives (HoR) in the draft stage. Similarly, CPA is expressing its sincere thanks to USAID, Creative, and IRI for their support from beginning up to end of this Bill through the help of Somaliland House of Representatives and Civil Society organizations.
About Centre for Policy Analysis
CPA is a think tank center that was established to help the countries of Horn of Africa region to build, peace, democracy, human rights and effective governance systems where all citizens are equal. CPA is based in Hargeisa, the Capital of Republic of Somaliland.
Annex I: List of the last Task Force on the advocacy against the amendments made by the Gurti.
|1||Ms. Ayan Ahmed Hashi||Independent Women Activist and Task Force Leader.|
|2||Mr. Abdirahman Gas||Executive Director, Network Against FGM (Nafis Network)|
|3||Mr. Yahye Hanas||Executive Director, Somaliland Journalist Association ( SOLJA)|
|4||Ms. Raqiya Yusuf||Director, Complaint section, Somaliland National Human rights Commission (SLNHRC)|
|5||Ms. Su’ad Ibrahim||Former Progression Country Representative|
|6||Mr. Ahmed Yusuf||Human Rights Defender.|
|7||Ms. Nafisa Shirwac||Proffessional Lawyer, and Candle light Staff|
|8||Mr. Abdihakim Da’ar||Lecturer, University of Hargeisa. ( UOH)|
Kulankan oo ay soo qaban-qaabiyey ururadda bulshada rayidka oo lagu laf-guray Xeerk ka dhanka ah Kufsiga ee hadda Barlaamanka horyaal ayaa lagu qabtay Hotel Mansor ee Magaaladda Hargeysa.